Sunday 13 November 2011

Christmas Elf

I was reading someone's blog the other day (sorry I can't remember which one) and the mentioned elf on the shelf.  It's based a tradition whereby on the count down to Christmas an elf comes to visit your house.  He is there to watch whether or not the children in the house are being bad or good.  Each night the efl magically gets up and goes to visit Santa to tell him if they have been good.  Each morning he comes back but each day he is in a different place.  Each morning when they get up they have to go and find him. 

I thought this was a wonderful tradition and decided that is one that we would start.  I decided to make my sons elf and went looking for a pattern.  I found one on etsy by:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmigurumiParadise?ref=seller_info
I purchased the christmas set.  You get a snowman, elf, reindeer, angel, Mr & Mrs Claus.  The pattern set was only £6.32 which I didn't think was too bad for 6 patterns.  It didn't take long to make and I think he turned out well
Meet Hotsy (my son named him)

I found the patterns easy to follow and he didn't take long to make him.  I'm really pleased with him.



1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Your elf is so cute. I'd never heard of this tradition before and wished I had back when my children were young. Would have been really fun to move the elf around each day. Hope you enjoy this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete